Last updated - 19 March 2020
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called Coronavirus.
Sussex Oakleaf is taking the following action in response to the Covid-19 outbreak:
- We continue to follow and monitor Government and NHS advice
- All current Sussex Oakleaf community groups will be suspended from Monday 23 March until further notice
- Due to the closure of all West Sussex libraries, our Advice & Information drop-ins have been suspended until further notice
- One to one support sessions are under close review with clients being offered telephone support
- We are continuing to communicate advice to our staff and clients
In addition to the above we are looking at alternative ways of supporting clients, including telephone support and online groups.
We will keep this page up to date with all the relevant information so please do check back here often.
We understand that this may be a stressful time for friends and relatives of those living in our residential services. We are following all Government advice on managing Covid-19 within these services. Currently we are not accepting visitors within the properties, but residents are free to come and go as they please.
For further information and advice you can contact our residential services directly using the details below.
Oak House - 01444 241284
Leylands Road - 01444 870546
Temporary accommodation - 01444 870023
Looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak
There is a lot in the news right now about Coronavirus and for many of us, it can feel overwhelming and scary. Although it is important to stay informed, we also need to be mindful of our mental health and make sure that we look after ourselves.
Useful information to support your mental health:
For more information:
If you have any concerns about how Coronavirus may affect the support you receive or how you will manage your mental health during any period of isolation then please do get in touch with us by calling 01444 416391 or emailing [email protected].
For the latest advice and information from the NHS, please visit www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/